Money - A visualiser for very large numbers
This is just a quick thing I made for the xkcd Game Jam. It's essentially a 3D visualiser for very large numbers, using the xkcd comic 'Money (https://xkcd.com/980/) for source data.
I had meant to spend more time on this, but life (and a weekend-long headache) got in the way. If I can find the time, I'll add in some of the things I had planned, like
- More data! All the data is contained in text files, so it's a simple job to edit it. I haven't made the data reader fool-proof, so you can probably break it just by adding some extra line returns, but it's all there.
- a better uv system for the money piles, which actually lines up with the notes.
- Extra currencies, and converters for different years. It's using the original data from the comic, so everything's in 2011 dollars.
- A more attractive arrangement of data. I had intended to give each set of data its own little 'island', with some signs and possibly graphics. If I can any requests, I may still.
- Zombies! Because zombies.
Download the file, extract it and run the exe file.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.